Small Business Assistance
We need to create a more level playing field so that entrepreneurs can compete on a more equal footing with large corporations. For instance, small business often don't have enough money to pay for legal services, so I will propose the creation of a pro-bono legal service for small businesses. I will also take time to address the needs of specific small businesses in our district to determine what helps them grow and what regulations they find unnecessarily burdensome or expensive.
The so called job-creators have been enjoying some of the lowest tax rates in nearly a century. In fact, statistics indicate that the rich are getting richer and the middle-class are getting poorer. When President Reagan was faced with a smaller recession than the one we are facing now, he raised taxes on the top earners 11 times during the 8 years of his presidency. Majority of the Republicans, including my opponent Mimi Walters, have offered little to nothing to spur job growth beyond the same old canards. This must change. We must move forward on an effective and fair jobs bill such as the Budget for All bill.
My opponent, Walters, has done nothing for our district or our nation for that matter to help create more jobs; jobs that our communities, our state, and our country so badly need in this fragile stage of the Great Recession. Once again, she is not standing for WE the People, she is standing for special interest Wall Street and Billionaire Class campaign contributors. See which industries are Walters' largest contributors here!
Walters’ Voting/Support Record:
- NO on all jobs bills proposed
- NOT standing up for WE the People
Varasteh’s Congressional Pledge:
- Support effective and fair jobs bills such as Congressional Progressive Caucus' "Budget for All"
- WE the People must maintain our crucial infrastructure for commerce
- Reform subsidies and tax-breaks granted to large agricultural businesses
- Reform regulations that choke small and medium agricultural businesses from starting and growing
- Reform offshore tax havens laws
- Standing up for WE the People
- Not for sale