I believe we can all agree that government spending needs to be trimmed. As your congressman, I pledge to do that trimming with a scalpel rather than a sledge hammer; in a manner that maintains the safety net needed by the most vulnerable in society, while excising the earmarks, the fat, the loopholes, and the unnecessary subsidies. Earmarks ought to be a thing of the past. Open and transparent bills are what the American People demand and I’m all for this too.
The forefathers of our beloved US Constitution fought to create a government of the People, by the People, and for the People. Corporations including unions should not be able to lavish a candidate with contributions. After elected, such an individual would then feel obligated to work for his/her biggest contributors, instead of WE the People. As a patriotic, God loving, red-blooded American, I’m here to restore it back to its rightful owners.
With the rise of Occupy Wall Street, the 99%, and the Tea Party movements, one thing I find in common is that Corporations (be it companies or unions) have taken away our government from WE the People. Often, we feel that our Government is not working for us. Often, we feel that our Government is working for corporate special interests.
It shouldn’t be so hard for an American to start a small business when there are so many irrelevant regulations keeping them from turning a profit. It shouldn’t be that so many large multi-national businesses receive tax breaks for exporting our jobs overseas. It shouldn’t be that so many corporate conglomerates receive subsidies from us while they’re simultaneously having windfall profits. It shouldn’t be that the very bankers responsible for our Great Recession are living bailed out lifestyles totally without any punishment.
My opponent, Walters, has done nothing for our district or our nation for that matter to help reverse this dangerous trend. She has been in Congress and California Senate and Assembly for more than a decade overseeing the takeover of our beloved country by these special interests. Government can grow bigger, as long as it is helping her special interest campaign contributors. Once more, she is not working for WE the People. Instead, she is working for her Wall Street and Billionaire Class campaign contributors. See which industries are Walters' largest contributors here!
Walters’ Voting Record:
- YES on bigger government for her special interests campaign contributors
- YES on protecting subsidies and tax-breaks granted to large businesses
- No on ending oil subsidies and ending tax-breaks for large businesses
- NOT standing up for WE the People
Varasteh’s Congressional Pledge:
- Restore WE the People’s government back to her rightful owners
- Election reform/Money out of politics
- Keep corporations and unions out of elections
- Lobbyist transparency
- Bill transparency
- Leaner government by eliminating earmarks, loopholes, and subsidies
- Protect whistleblowers
- Reform subsidies and tax-breaks granted to large businesses
- Reform regulations that choke small and medium businesses from starting and growing
- Standing up for WE the People