Although Trump, my opponent, and many other Republican politicians seem to enjoy fear-mongering about immigration, the fact is that we don't even have an immigration "problem." Actually, for several years now, more people have been leaving America than immigrating here due to the economic downturn. There is no need to bankrupt our country by building a costly, ineffective fortress on our border and spending billions of dollars on enforcement.
My opponent, Mimi Walters, has not only endorsed Donald Trump and his outrageous policies, but has also supported him since before the Republican convention. She supported YES on building a fence along the Mexican border (Secure Fence Act; Bill H R 6061). Walters supported NO on more immigrant visas for skilled workers (Bill introduced by Smith, R-TX.; Bill HR 3736). Walters is not standing up for WE the People. She is working for her Wall Street and Billionaire Class campaign contributors. See which industries are Walters' largest contributors here!
Walters’ Voting/Support Record:
- YES on building a fence along the Mexican border (Secure Fence Act; Bill H R 6061)
- NO on more immigrant visas for skilled workers (Bill introduced by Smith, R-TX.; Bill HR 3736)
- NOT standing up for WE the People
Varasteh’s Congressional Pledge:
- Crack down on employers hiring the undocumented illegally and enforce eVerify
- Comprehensive Immigration reform, DREAM Act, temporary migrant working visas
- Standing up for WE the People
- Not for sale