Getting Money Out Of Politics
The forefathers of our beloved US Constitution fought to create a government of the People, by the People, and for the People. Corporations including unions should not be able to lavish a candidate with contributions. After elected, such an individual would then feel obligated to work for his/her biggest contributors, instead of WE the People. As a patriotic, God-loving, red-blooded American, I’m here to restore it back to its rightful owners.
With the rise of Occupy Wall Street, the 99%, and the Tea Party movements, one thing I find in common is that Corporations (be it companies or unions) have taken away our government from WE the People. Often, we feel that our Government is not working for us. Often, we feel that our Government is working for corporate special interests.
Is it acceptable that Wall Street and billionaires are spending hundreds of millions of dollars trying to buy elections? This is why we must overturn Citizens United and move to public funding of elections!
Are we prepared to take on the enormous economic and political power of the billionaire-class, or do we continue to slide into economic and political oligarchy? These are the most important questions of our time, and how we answer them will determine the future of our country.
My opponent, Mimi Walters, has done nothing for our district or our nation for that matter to help reverse this dangerous trend. She has been in US Congress and California Senate and Assembly for more than a decade overseeing the takeover of our beloved country by these special interests. Government can grow bigger, as long as it is helping her special interest campaign contributors. Once again, she is not working for WE the People. Instead, she is working for her Wall Street and Billionaire Class campaign contributors. See which industries are Walters' largest contributors here!
Walters’ Voting/Support Record:
- YES on bigger government for her special interests campaign contributors
- YES on protecting subsidies and tax-breaks granted to large businesses
- NO on ending oil subsidies and ending tax-breaks for large businesses
- NOT standing up for WE the People
Varasteh’s Congressional Pledge:
- Restore WE the People’s government back to her rightful owners
- Election reform/Money out of politics
- Keep corporations and unions out of elections
- Lobbyist transparency
- Bill transparency
- Leaner government by eliminating earmarks, loopholes, and subsidies
- Protect whistleblowers
- Reform subsidies and tax-breaks granted to large businesses
- Reform regulations that choke small and medium businesses from starting and growing
- Standing up for WE the People
- Not for sale