Balanced Budget & Deficit
America’s ongoing wars have put our country in a precarious financial position, and we can no longer continue to rely on China, Japan, and other countries to bail us out through bond purchases. If we continue these endless wars and irresponsible spending, someday these countries will no longer be willing to bail us out. It’s up to us to seriously reevaluate our priorities and make the changes necessary to balance our budget. As your congressman I will work diligently with congressional colleagues and the American people to reach this objective.
I believe that we have a duty to future generations of Americans to clean up our budget. Otherwise, our massive government debt will spiral out of control. Making a balanced budget is therefore an urgent task that must be addressed, and mechanisms must be put in place to ensure the budget is frequently reviewed.
This will require progress checks and audits that are thorough yet efficient. The government accountability office (GAO) plays an important role in this regard. As such, the GAO must should be sufficiently funded and given leeway to cooperate with other government oversight mechanisms. And of course, there must be measures to ensure the GAO itself is accountable.
My opponent, Mimi Walters, has done nothing for our district or our nation for that matter to help reverse this dangerous trend. She has been in US Congress and California Senate and Assembly for more than a decade overseeing the takeover of our beloved country by these special interests. Government can grow bigger, as long as it is helping her special interest campaign contributors. Once more, she is not working for WE the People. Instead, she is working for her Wall Street and Billionaire Class campaign contributors. See which industries are Walters' largest contributors here!
Walters’ Voting/Support Record:
- YES on bigger government for her special interests campaign contributors
- YES on protecting subsidies and tax-breaks granted to large businesses
- NO on ending oil subsidies and ending tax-breaks for large businesses
- NOT standing up for WE the People
Varasteh’s Congressional Pledge:
- Restore WE the People’s government back to her rightful owners
- Election finance reform/Money out of politics
- Keep corporations and unions out of elections
- Lobbyist transparency
- Bill transparency
- Leaner government by eliminating earmarks, loopholes, and subsidies
- Protect whistleblowers
- Reform subsidies and tax-breaks granted to large businesses
- Reform regulations that choke small and medium businesses from starting and growing
- Standing up for WE the People
- Not for sale