The United States Constitution is a document that is cherished by the American people. The Second Amendment of the Constitution grants the right to bear arms to law-abiding citizens. This amendment, which I support, becomes controversial when the question arises about people who are not law abiding. We can agree that guns in the hands of some individuals affects the safety of our citizens, which is why there are many laws currently on the books that support waiting periods before obtaining a gun, so that background checks can occur; and registration and lock laws.
My opponent, Mimi Walters, supported YES on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1 (McCollum, R-FL; Bill HR 2122). Walters supported YES on banning gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC (D.C. Personal Protection Act; Bill HR 1399). She is not being level-headed about this. She is being an extremist. Once more, she is not working for WE the People. Instead, she is working for her Wall Street and Billionaire Class campaign contributors. See which industries are Walters' largest contributors here!
Walters’ Voting/Support Record:
- YES on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1 (McCollum, R-FL; Bill HR 2122)
- YES on Banning gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC (D.C. Personal Protection Act; Bill HR 1399)
- NOT standing up for WE the People
Varasteh’s Congressional Pledge:
- Support the right to bear arms by law-abiding citizens
- Standing up for WE the People
- Not for sale